RANGE OF PRACTICE
Donald E. Stellato, Sr. has over four decades of jury trial experience handling personal injury and wrongful death cases of the most significant kind. His litigation practice areas include catastrophic injury, professional liability, auto/trucking liability, nursing home cases, construction accidents and work-related injury. Mr. Stellato is proud to have been selected as a speaker for various presentations at bar association young lawyer programs, continuing legal education seminars, and company claims department meetings regarding such subjects as expert witnesses, jury selection, and civil jury trials. His mission is to personally represent significant clients in significant matters of litigation.
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Federal District Courts
- Federal Trial Bar
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D.
- University of Illinois, B.A.
- Wright College, A.A.
Past Employment Positions
- Williams & Montgomery, Ltd.
- Partner / Trial Lawyer
- Stellato & Schwartz, Ltd.
- Managing Partner / Trial Lawyer
Pro Bono Activities
- College of Law of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Board of Visitors, Member
- President’s Council of the University of Illinois Foundation, Lifetime Member
- First Nonprofit Foundation, Board Member, 2013-2015
- Chicago Bar Association – CLE Program Lecturer – May 13, 1991
- “The Preparation and Trial of the Automobile Collision Case”
- DePaul University College of Law – Trial Advocacy Course – 1989 – 1991
- Judge, Mock Trials
- Chicago Bar Association – YLS Program Lecturer – February 28, 1990
- “Deposition Strategies – Deposing the Medical Expert”
- “AV Preeminent” Rating – Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 100 Illinois Attorneys
- Illinois Super Lawyers (2012-2019)
- Leading Lawyer/Blue Ribbon Panel (2012 – 2019)