skip to Main Content
Free Consultations: 847-382-9130 | CLICK HERE FOR TAX APPEALS

Power of Attorney Documents

  • News

Protect Your College Student/Adult Child

For many families back-to-school time means preparing your college-bound child for life away from home. Something you may not have added to your to-do list is creating powers of attorney for your adult children.

Once your child turns 18, your access to their medical and financial information is limited. As a result, if a child is injured or becomes ill, it may be difficult obtaining medical records or helping with financial decisions. To avoid this, you and your children may consider two documents that make it much easier to access medical information or take financial action:

  • Power of Attorney for Healthcare – gives you the power to make both physical and mental medical decisions on your child’s behalf
  • Power of Attorney for Property – gives you the power to handle your child’s financial matters such as credit card bills, rent & utilities, bank account transactions, etc.

Kelleher & Buckley, LLC can provide peace of mind before school resumes. Contact Andrew J. Kelleher or David P. Buckley, or any of our qualified estate planning attorneys at 847-382-9130 or to schedule an appointment.

Back To Top